Sunday, November 27, 2011

Now is the WINTER of our discontent...oh good winter, welcome with your blankets of stillness and white

art by Lisa Van Sand
Did you know this line means that we are in the winter timing of all things "ebb" that keep getting in our face? (at least to me it does)  As i come up on the end of this year, i am starting to do a year end sum up in my head of where i've been and where i'm going to.  Lots of moments and situations feel challenging in my life.  sometimes challenge can have a negative underpinning, but i'm gratefully putting on this conscious choice of knowing that the things that show up in my life to challenge me are just what i've been asking for. Only sometimes, i'm not so great at matching up the challenge to the actual prayer i've uttered on its behalf.

for example...
Prayer/intention/ internal plea when i'm feeling all heavenly and nonplussed...
"Please let me be conscious of my own issues, don't let them become burdens for other people to deal with, please let me recognize them and shift within to allow a space for growth, maturing and love..."

sounds good doesn't it, can't you just picture a prayer like that?  even setting such a lovely intention feels all yummy and pure from the inside...and then what happens....


my take on the resulting 'opportunity to gain this strength i've phrased oh so eloquently'...

i park my car in the wrong place because i'm in a hurry to do someone else what feels like a gargantuan favor and they've already way overstepped what feels like appropriate levels of taking advantage...and my car gets towed, my tire goes flat, i end up in the biggest fight i've had in a year because of it...

 Now when i was all at peace and ommmming the crap out of that loving intention, i never knew i was asking for such a shakedown to get over my little ways of not clearly stating my boundaries, not lovingly holding my own space and letting someone else take on the consequences for their own learning..., and hey, why would i ever consciously think to shoulder someone Else's "prayer" of learning?  So i can lovingly give back what isn't mine to handle, learn or take on...but to feel good about it, i am learning that i must do it with awake eyes, not angry shrugs.  When i can hand back a big packet of learning without getting my ego in the way...my heart opens with huge ease, my sense of tranquility and peace on earth become the mainstay rather than the occasional visitor and i am happy.

My shit may not be all worked out, but wow, it's way better mucking my own stables than somebody Else's.  (sorry hope i didn't lose ya in the mixed metaphor journey, it's just that more than anything these pages are for my ego to catch up with what my soul has been shouting for eons--sometimes you just gotta work this shit out on paper!) So at last, here i am with some eyes wide open, seeing how life is answering these kind of prayers left and right, how i can get really clear with my own prayers and intention and lessons become so much more welcome and gentle, and how with that awake learning, my discontent is all kindsa wintered out!!!

and my heart is open to the Spring!

2 comments:

  1. It's only December though! And you live in Northern Utah!!! You have many months of Winter left. :)

    Loved the art Lisa shared too!! I want to frame it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know beck, but somehow it feels like with a heart open to spring, the blanket of winter is just the medicine all my creator juices have been asking for. can't wait to see what blooms!

    and i totally agree on the art, i want to have an art night now and have people come over for some cool mixed media or some such!

    ReplyDelete